Cars (released in 2006) is a video game based on and considered a sequel to the film of the same name. It is available on Game Boy Advance, Microsoft Windows (PC), Nintendo DS, Nintendo GameCube, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable (PSP), Xbox, Xbox 360, and Wii.
- The King, Darrell Cartrip, Wingo and Sally are playable in this game but not in Mater-National or Race-O-Rama. DJ and Boost are also playable in the High Speed Heist mini game, meaning that they have playable data by default. The same applies to Luigi (who was playable in the Luigi to the Rescue game) but he is already playable in Mater-National and Race-O-Rama.
- The Piston Cup racers from Cars are the only AI characters to appear in this installment.
- This is the first game to feature Piston Cup races. The last game to feature Piston Cup races is Cars 3: The Video Game
- The Xbox 360 and Wii versions included additional minigames - Mater's Countdown Clean-Up and Ghosting Mater.
- The PSP version includes exclusive opportunity to play as Lizzie, DJ, Boost and Snot Rod.